Festival Pass and Ticket Information
Volksfronten, the core program of steirischer herbst ’18, can be visited with a Festival Pass. The Festival Pass can be purchased online, at the Visitor and Press Center, or at special sales points, see below. For a list of projects that can be visited with a Festival Pass, see below. The Festival Pass also offers reduced admission to musikprotokoll events and the collateral program of steirischer herbst.
The Festival Pass is non-transferable and only valid in combination with valid photo identification. Reservations are only valid in conjunction with your Festival Pass.
A copy of the Guidebook is included in the price of the Festival Pass.
Without a Festival Pass, the Guidebook can be purchased separately for 5 Euro and is available at the Visitor and Press Center.
Festival Pass holders can buy online tickets and make seat reservations at any time for a fee of 2 Euro per ticket/reservation.
For group bookings, please contact email@example.com.
Single tickets for performances
For Volksfronten performative productions, single tickets are available online and at the Visitor and Press Center. Note that for the Laibach performance on 20.9., no single tickets are available (admission only with a Festival Pass, as long as available). For installative venues of Volksfronten, no single tickets are available.
Festival Passes and single tickets can be purchased at the Visitor and Press Center:
Volksgartenstraße 4–6, 8020 Graz
p +43 316 81 60 70
You can also buy Festival Passes and single tickets at all oeticket outlets and at the Ticketzentrum:
Kaiser-Josef-Platz 10, 8010 Graz, p +43 316 8000.
Please note that tickets are not sold at the respective venues of installative projects. Please visit us at the Visitor and Press Center to buy tickets in advance.
Admission to exhibitions is granted up to thirty minutes before closing.
Single tickets for performances can be bought at box offices located at the venue one hour before the performance begins. Tickets purchased in advance must be collected at least thirty minutes before begin. Uncollected tickets for events that are sold out will be released for resale. Please note that there is no late admission.
If events are sold out, the box office will start handing out wait-list numbers one hour before the event starts. Remaining tickets will be sold shortly before the beginning of the event. Thank you for your patience.
Volksfronten installative projects, free with Festival Pass:
– Igor & Ivan Buharov, Volkshaus Graz
– Tony Chakar & Nadim Mishlawi, Hotel Daniel
– Martin Behr & Martin Osterider, Ines Doujak, kozek hörlonski & Alexander Martinz, Victoria Lomasko, Ekaterina Muromtseva, Christoph Szalay, Kulturzentrum bei den Minoriten
– Irina Korina, Helmut List Halle (please note that this exhibition is only on view 21.9.–30.9.)
– Henrike Naumann, Haus der Architektur
– Funda Gül Özcan, Former Ankara Türkü Bar, Griesgasse
– Milica Tomić, Forum Stadtpark
– Department of Ultimology, Grazer Kunstverein
Volksfronten performative projects, free with Festival Pass:
– Christian von Borries, Helmut List Halle
– Igor & Ivan Buharov, Volkshaus Graz
– Nicoline van Harskamp, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz, Heizhaus
– Igor Krutogolov's Toy Orchestra in concert, Postgarage
– Laibach,* Schloßbergbühne Kasematten
– Michael Portnoy, Orpheum
– Roee Rosen with Hani Furstenberg and Igor Krutogolov’s Toy Orchestra, Orpheum
– Theater im Bahnhof,** Postgarage
– Michiel Vandevelde, Orpheum Extra
– Ivan Vyrypaev, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz, Aula (Auditorium)
– Oliver Zahn/HAUPTAKTION,*** Orpheum Extra, 30.9.
Please reserve your seat in advance for a reservation fee of 2 Euro online or at the Visitor and Press Center. Alternatively, non-Festival Pass holders can also buy single tickets for each performance: 15/11 Euro.
*Please note: entrance to the Laibach performance only with a Festival Pass as long as available; no single tickets are available.
**Entrance is free with Festival Pass; no pre-sales and no single tickets are available, only at the box office.
***The performance on 29.9. is also free as part of the discursive program; free tickets will be issued during the symposium, starting 30 minutes before the performance.
Volksfronten projects in public space are free admission:
– Rossella Biscotti & Kevin van Braak, Am Eisernen Tor
– Bread & Puppet Theater, Europaplatz
– Yoshinori Niwa, Hauptplatz
– Michael Zinganel & Michael Hieslmair, Andreas-Hofer-Platz
– ZIP group, Volkshochschule Steiermark (Arbeiterkammer, roof)
Volksfronten Ideas events are free admission:
– Our Little Fascisms, Orpheum, including the performances by Oliver Zahn/HAUPTAKTION (29.9.) and Mazzaj & Ausländerbehörde, Orpheum Extra
– Conchita vs. Gabalier, Orpheum
– Photography Symposion XXI: The Violence of Images, Camera Austria
– Discursive events related to the Department of Ultimology project, Grazer Kunstverein
musikprotokoll and Collateral Program, reduced prices with Festival Pass
Day pass 4.10.
Day pass 5.10.
Day pass 6.10.
One night in Cairo I & II, Dom im Berg, 6.10.
Künstlerhaus, Halle für Kunst & Medien
Camera Austria and Kunsthaus Graz
Schauspielhaus Graz, Tram 83
The discussion event Nâzım Hikmet’s Human Landscapes. A polyphonic social critique at Literaturhaus Graz is free for Festival Pass holders.
Lange Nacht der Museen (Long Night of the Museums) 6.10.
Joanneumskarte for the half price
Reduced admission is available to schoolchildren, apprentices/trainees, and students up to the age of twenty-five, unemployed people, senior citizens, people doing national service (military/non-military), and members of Ö1-Club, Standard Club der Leser, and Kleine Zeitung Vorteilsclub as well as owners of the checkit.card. Please show proof of eligibility on admission. Tickets cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase. Discounts cannot be claimed retroactively. Not all reductions may apply to partner programs or tickets bought in advance. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon ticket collection and admission.
Please collect a Festival Pass from the Visitor and Press Center in advance for your children.
People with financial difficulties also have a right to experience art and culture. Hunger auf Kunst und Kultur benefits those who want to take part in cultural life but who cannot afford to. Proceeds from the sale of the herbst chocolate made by Schokoladen-Manufaktur Zotter, available for purchase at the Visitor and Press Center and box offices, are used to fund tickets that are issued free of charge to Kulturpass (Culture pass) holders. Please support this initiative.
We accept payment with American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa.